Communication Committee – Joshua Brewer and Colby Jenkins
Committee Chair: Reanna Howard
- Responsible for the CAA’s social media
- Ensure all email blasts to the CAA are consistent and timely
- Update roster on website.
- Obtain RSVPs and the menu for the monthly luncheons-Via CAA Admin
- Responsible for general maintenance of website.
Education Committee – Duane Lewis and Tiffany Duggan
Committee Chair: Kelly Huffines
- Plan and facilitate all educational classes throughout the year to possibly include Fair Housing, Legal Seminar, CPO, CAM and Motivational Speaker.
- Schedule and plan maintenance training
- Coordinate all aspects of events to include meeting space, catering, etc.
- Work with communication committee to publicize events
Charitable Events and Fundraising Committee – Becky Lamb
- Responsible for scheduling all charitable events.
- Responsible for securing sponsorships throughout the year.
- Responsible for providing promotional material and updates for such events.
- Organize fundraising events, sponsorships, and advertising.
- Spotlight vendors for monthly luncheons
- Sponsors for manager and maintenance events
- Sponsors for big events
- Acquire door prizes for Awards Gala
Awards Committee– Brandon O’Connor and Daniel Bishop
Committee Chair: Andrew Lambert and Michele Sprague
- Oversee Star excellence Awards for Gala.
- Responsible for establishing criteria and nomination forms for all awards, selecting judges and promoting entries.
- Responsible for beautification judging and awards.
Events Committee – Cara Mefford and David Tonahill
Committee Chair: Kelly Swain
- Responsible scheduling and promotion of CAA events throughout the year to include but not limited to PAC Casino Night, Vendor Expo and Awards Gala.
- Coordinate all aspects of events to include meeting space, catering, etc
- Responsible for providing promotional material and updates for such events to communication committee.
Membership Committee – Jessica Hays and Jeff Mitchell
Committee Chair: Chad Sikes
- Plan and assist with recruitment and retention activities.
- Responsible for presenting new membership to the board for approval.
- Promptly respond to new members with membership approval and encourage participation for all events. Membership should be their 1st point of contact from the CAA for all new members.
- Update Communication Committee with new members contact information.
- Responsible for updating the roster for CAA and NAA, present to board monthly.
Government Affairs: Cara Mefford and David Tonahill
Committee Chair: Kirk Kent
- Represent the members’ interests at all levels of government to ensure multifamily-friendly legislation and regulatory policies
- Lobbying and educating public officials on a local, state and federal level
- Supporting local, state and national candidates that understand the multi-family housing industry
- Holding educational seminars and updating members on changes to the law
Interested in being part of one (or more) of our committees? Sign up here!